Mother’s Day is here and it’s the perfect time to show Mom some love and appreciation with a sweet and delicious treat. And what’s more classic and comforting than a homemade apple pie? But don’t just settle for any old recipe – impress Mom with a delightful twist on the classic with Mom’s Apple Pie Filling. Trust me, this recipe is a real game-changer.
And the best part? This recipe is surprisingly easy to make – even if you’re not a pie-making expert. Make sure you use Lucia’s Easy Pie Crust to put the filling in!
So, what are you waiting for? Get baking and show Mom how much you care with Mom’s Apple Pie Filling. Your taste buds (and hers) will thank you.
Be sure to check out Beyond The Mask for more delicious recipes like this! Beyond the Mask is a beautiful, full color, recipe book that focuses on tasty ways to fix the foods that boost your immune system with emphasis on using whole foods.
Mom’s Apple Pie Filling
- Heat apples in juice for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with unbaked pie crust.
- Trim the edges with a sharp knife and press together with a fork.
- Pierce crust in the middle to permit the steam to escape.
- Bake at 400oF (200oC) for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350oF (180oC) and bake for 45 minutes more.