DessertsVegan/Plant based Recipes
Lucia’s Easy Pie Crust
This is a delicious pie crust that is uses oil instead of shortening for a flaky and delightful crust!
Easy Pie Crust
Servings 8 servings
- 1 c. whole white wheat flour
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ c. light olive oil
- ½ c. water ice cold
- Mix the flours and salt together well.
- Whip the oil and water separately with a whisk until emulsified (whitish and a bit thickened).
- Stir the liquid into the flour mixture, lightly mixing with fork, until dough is soft but not sticky. If using pastry flour, you may not need all of the oil/water blend. Divide dough into two balls and roll out between two layers of plastic wrap or wax paper. Remove top paper and fit loosely into pie pan. You may also use fingers and flatten right in pie dish. For single baked crust, prick bottom and bake at 450° F. about 10 min. until just golden.. Makes 2, 9-inch single pie crusts.
Serving: 8th pie | Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg