This pie crust uses nuts instead of refined oils to make it tasty and yet still tender. With care, will also work for a top crust on a closed pie.
Lucia’s Nutty Pie Crust
An oil free yet tender pie crust.
Servings 8 servings
- Process all ingredients, except water, in. blender until very fine.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add just enough water or coconut milk to make a manageable ball.
- Roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap. (Dampening the smooth counter with a little water will make the bottom sheet stay in place).
- When rolled out , carefully remove wrap from top and with the help of the bottom plastic, place into pie dish.
- Remove plastic and trim crust edges.
- Bake at 350 until lightly browned.
Double recipe if you want an unbaked top crust as well.
Serving: 8th | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 2mg