This is a great plant-based pumpkin pie. Most people don’t even notice it has no milk or eggs! It is still rich, so best reserved for special occasions that don’t happen too frequently. It’s delicious topped with Coconut Non-dairy Whip, available in many supermarkets.
Lucia’s Silky Pumpkin Pie
- Whip the water and egg replacer together till frothy.
- Place egg replacer in blender and add the tofu and creamer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until smooth and well-mixed.
- Pour into one unbaked 9-inch pie shell. (See the Easy Pie Crust or Nutty Pie Crust recipes)
- Bake at 350° F. for 1 hour or until filling appears to be “boiling” slightly around edges.
- Makes filling for one 9-inch pie.