GrainsMain DishVegan/Plant based Recipes
Lucia’s Company Loaf
This wonderful loaf makes an amazing meatloaf replacement that carnivores will love. Especially when served with the Cashew Gravy. Can also be served with ketchup, the way a lot of people like to eat meatloaf. A great holiday recipe that is a crowdpleaser!
Lucia’s Company Loaf
Servings 12 slices
- 2 c. water
- 1 lg. onion quartered
- 1 ½ c. mushrooms fresh and chopped
- 2 med. carrots cut in thirds
- 3 lg. garlic cloves crushed
- ½ c. nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ c. Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 T. beef-style seasoning
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. sage ground
- ¼ t. thyme dried flakes
Add as directed:
- 1 ½ c. bulgur wheat
- 1 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 1 c. walnuts finely chopped and toasted
- ½ c. vital gluten flour
- ½ c. whole wheat flour
- Combine water and other listed ingredients in blender on med/hi speed about 10 seconds or long enough to finely chop the vegetables.
- Pour blended mixture into a pot with the bulgur.
- Simmer 10 min. or so until liquids are absorbed.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and the walnuts.
- Mix together the gluten and wheat flours.
- Add flours to bulgur mixture and stir until all is well mixed. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Spoon bulgur mixture into pan and gently pack down. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. Cool 15 min. before turning loaf onto oval serving platter.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1712IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 4mg
Thank you for sharing your Company Loaf. My husband said, this is a keeper recipe. It was so good. Instead of vital gluten flour, I replaced with whole psyllium husk. The portion of seasoning was exact. I did a partial chop of the vegetables, added seasoning, and then water in a large bowl and used my immersion blender stick. Thank you again for sharing. I will prepare for some of our church seniors for the holiday in miniature loaf pans.
I love that psyllium husk replacement for the gluten flour! Thanks for letting me know it worked well.