This wonderful loaf makes an amazing meatloaf replacement that carnivores will love. Especially when served with the Cashew Gravy. Can also be served with ketchup, the way a lot of people like to eat meatloaf. A great holiday recipe that is a crowdpleaser!
Lucia’s Company Loaf
- 2 c. water
- 1 lg. onion quartered
- 1 ½ c. mushrooms fresh and chopped
- 2 med. carrots cut in thirds
- 3 lg. garlic cloves crushed
- ½ c. nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ c. Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 T. beef-style seasoning
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. sage ground
- ¼ t. thyme dried flakes
- Combine water and other listed ingredients in blender on med/hi speed about 10 seconds or long enough to finely chop the vegetables.
- Pour blended mixture into a pot with the bulgur.
- Simmer 10 min. or so until liquids are absorbed.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and the walnuts.
- Mix together the gluten and wheat flours.
- Add flours to bulgur mixture and stir until all is well mixed. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Spoon bulgur mixture into pan and gently pack down. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. Cool 15 min. before turning loaf onto oval serving platter.