Lucia’s Pizza Crust
Looking for a delicious and easy pizza crust recipe that’s perfect for vegans? Look no further than Lucia’s Pizza Crust recipe! With just a few simple ingredients like white whole wheat flour, bread yeast, and olive oil, you can make a crust that’s sure to impress your taste buds.
The key to making Lucia’s Pizza Crust is to let the dough rise adequately. The recipe requires you to let the dough rest for an hour, allowing the bread yeast to work its magic and create air pockets resulting in a fluffy texture
Now for the most enjoyable part: creating your own custom pizza toppings! You can go traditional with a simple tomato sauce or Lucia’s cheesy sauce and add some colorful veggies! The possibilities are endless, so feel free to express your creativity.
Be sure to check out The Plant-Based Plate Shift for an easy 12 step system to make transitioning to a plant based diet effortless.
Lucia’s Pizza Crust
- Mix all ingredients together and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Set aside in oiled bowl to rise for 1 hr. – cover with saran wrap to prevent drying out.
- When dough has doubled in size, punch down, divide into 2-4 equal balls (depending on desired size of finished pizza) and flatten into 4-inch circle.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes and finish rolling out to size/thickness desired.
- Prick with fork
- Allow to rise for about 10-20 minutes in a warm place and bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Top with sauce and other toppings and bake till bubbly or crusts may be wrapped well, bagged and frozen for use later.
- Make several crusts at once and freeze the extra ones to make a quick pizza at a future time.
recommended for your machine. This recipe is for 2-lb. loaf quantity or 2
large pizza crusts. Most crusts are grain based. The following options fall into the
designated ranges on the 12-step Path to Insulin sensitivity (Higher
number = more insulin sensitivity). Any of them are appropriate for steps
1-7. Pick the option that works best for you from the following
suggestions: Steps 1-7 Whole Wheat English Muffins (Here’s a recipe that works even if
you use mostly whole wheat flour –
Steps 1-8. Yeasted home made Whole Grain Crust
Whole Wheat Bread in a Bag or Lucia’s Pizza Crust recipes
Steps 1-8 Whole Wheat Pita Bread (here’s a recipe if you want to make
your own – https://avirtualvegan.com/pita-bread/)
Steps 1-10 Gluten-free Garbanzo flour flat bread