Introducing our delightful Gluten-Free Tabouleh recipe! This refreshing and vibrant dish is packed with flavors and textures that will leave you craving for more. Made with fluffy quinoa, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, fragrant parsley, and zesty lemon juice, each bite offers a burst of freshness. The addition of chopped scallions and a hint of mint (optional) adds a delightful twist to this classic Middle Eastern salad. Drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned to perfection, this gluten-free tabouleh is not only delicious but also incredibly versatile.
Enjoy it as a standalone salad or use it as a filling in pita bread alongside some creamy hummus for a balanced and protein-packed meal. Prepare a batch and keep it in the fridge to enjoy for several days – the flavors only get better with time. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this healthy and flavorful delight!
Be sure to check out The Plant-Based Plate Shift for an easy 12 step system to make transitioning to a plant based diet effortless.
- 3 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups quinoa rinsed (use a fine mesh strainer)
- 2 tomatoes med, chopped fairly small
- ½ c. cucumbers chopped
- 3-5 whole scallions chopped (use the whole green top as well)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint optional
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Vegetable season salt or to taste
- 2 cups parsley 1 bunch, chopped fine
- Place water and salt in a 2 qt. pan, preferably with a heavy bottom. Bring to a boil and add the quinoa, stirring gently to mix.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes., Stir occasionally, until soft and done. Remove from fire and chill (you can use the freezer) while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all other ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir well to coat all of it with the lemon juice and oil. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Then mix all with the quinoa, stir well, and serve chilled.