Enjoy the taste of summer with our Fresh Strawberry Pie. This delicious dessert is perfect for any occasion – from picnics to family gatherings. It’s a colorful treat that tastes as good as it looks!
Want to make it vegan? No problem. Top it with Creamy Tofu Whip or vegan ice cream for a plant-based delight. Or, mix it up with a combination of raspberries and blueberries for a mixed berry spin on this classic recipe.
Our Fresh Strawberry Pie isn’t just a dessert, it’s an experience. It brings together the joy of fresh produce with the art of baking. Try it and it might just become your new favorite summer treat.
Be sure to check out Beyond The Mask for more delicious recipes like this! Beyond the Mask is a beautiful, full color, recipe book that focuses on tasty ways to fix the foods that boost your immune system with emphasis on using whole foods.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 pie shell pre-baked
- 6 cups strawberries fresh, hulled and halved
- 6 oz. frozen apple juice concentrate
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tapioca starch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water OR 1/3 cup instant tapioca granules
- 4 cups Tofu Whip
- Wash the strawberries well and prepare.
- Bring the apple juice and water to a boil.
- Add the tapioca starch mixture or granules slowly while stirring with a whisk continuously.
- Continue to stir with whisk until mixture boils again and becomes translucent (about 1 minute of boiling should do it).
- If using granules, boil until granules have dissolved and thickened the liquid.
- Add to the sliced strawberries and stir well to coat.
- Pour into prepared pie crust, cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight. Serve cold.
- May top with Creamy Tofu Whip or small scoop of vegan ice cream.