AppetizersAppetizersBeansVegan/Plant based Recipes
7 Layer Fiesta Dip
This vegan 7 layer fiesta dip is the perfect combination of creamy, zesty, and flavorful. This vegan 7 layer fiesta dip is perfect for parties or potlucks as it’s easy to make ahead of time and pairs well with tortilla chips or other dipping snacks. It’s also fat-free and organic for those who prefer healthier options. Your guests will love this delicious plant-based version of the classic 7 layer dip that’s both satisfying and guilt-free!
7 Layer Fiesta Dip
- 16 oz vegetarian refried beans fat free (organic are best), 1 can
- ½ cup salsa mild
- 12.3 oz. silken tofu firm, (Mori Nu), 1 pack
- 4 tsp. Mexican Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tomato large, finely chopped
- ½ cilantro fresh, finely chopped (1⁄2 a bunch)
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup vegan cheese shredded (Daiya, Violife, etc.)
- Organic baked chips tortillas or pita bread OR fresh vegetables
- Combine the refried beans and salsa. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a shallow baking dish
- Using a blender or food processor, process the tofu, Mexican Seasoning, lemon juice, and salt until smooth.
- Spread the tofu mixture over the beans and salsa layer. layer the onions, tomato, cilantro, olives, and cheese
- Serve, or refrigerate up to 12 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or fresh vegetables
- Store leftover dip in an an airtight container for up to 1 day.
- Serve for social night with popcorn and fruit salad. As a main dish, serve
with tossed salad and smoothies.
- Creamy Tex-Mex Dip: Process the tofu, Mexican seasoning, lemon juice, and
salt until smooth. Makes 1 1⁄2 cups. Store in airtight container up to 5 days in
- Fiesta Dip: Prepare the Creamy Tex-Mex Dip. Stir in the beans, salsa, and 1⁄4
cup chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprig. Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 3 1⁄2 cups. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5
Serving: 0.11of the recipe | Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 631mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 289IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg