Dive into the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean with Lucia’s Tabouleh!
This salad combines fine bulgur wheat soaked in tangy lemon juice, juicy diced tomatoes, thin slices of green onions, and optional cucumber for a refreshing crunch. The stars of the dish are the finely chopped parsley and mint leaves, adding a burst of freshness. Dressed in extra virgin olive oil and served on a bed of tender Bibb or butter lettuce, Lucia’s Tabouleh promises a taste of the Mediterranean in every bite.
A perfect choice for a light lunch, side dish, or a healthy snack.
Be sure to check out Beyond The Mask for more delicious recipes like this! Beyond the Mask is a beautiful, full color, recipe book that focuses on tasty ways to fix the foods that boost your immune system with emphasis on using whole foods.
- ½ cup bulgur wheat fine or medium ground (middle eastern section of grocery store)
- ¼ cup lemon juice or to taste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- 2 cups parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads butter lettuce for serving
- ½ cup cucumber diced finely, optional
- Soak the bulgur in a generous amount of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Rinse in a strainer and press out extra water.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the bulgur with the lemon juice and tomatoes and allow to sit for 30 minutes till grain is tender.
- Mix lightly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve chilled on lettuce leaves.