Discover a new, delicious, and nutritious way to start your day with Lucia’s Quinoa Delight! This breakfast recipe is not only easy to prepare but also packed with wholesome ingredients that will keep you energized throughout the morning.
Lucia’s Quinoa Delight combines raw white, red, or black quinoa with your choice of water or non-dairy milk, and a blend of flavorful spices like Ceylon cinnamon, coriander powder, and vanilla. This delightful breakfast meal offers a unique twist on traditional quinoa, making it an exciting and satisfying way to begin your day.
Be sure to check out Beyond The Mask for more delicious recipes like this! Beyond the Mask is a beautiful, full color, recipe book that focuses on tasty ways to fix the foods that boost your immune system with emphasis on using whole foods.
Lucia’s Quinoa Delight
- Measure the quinoa into a bowl, and rinse, pouring off the water through a fine sieve so you don’t lose any grains.
Instant Pot Method
- Place the water and salt into the Instant Pot.
- Add the quinoa to the Instant Pot.
- Close the Instant Pot, making sure the vent is set to “sealed” to it will pressurize. Use the manual setting at high pressure and set the time to 1 minute. It will take about 10 minutes to get to pressure, it will pressure cook for 1 minute, then turn off. DO NOT remove lid.
- Let it sit for 12 minutes – don’t touch till the display says L0:12.
- Then you can depressurize, if needed, and remove lid. Fluff with fork and serve warm.
Stove Top Cooking
- Mix salt and water in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, add the rinsed quinoa, cover and lower heat.
- Simmer gently until water is all absorbed and grains are soft.