Main DishSaladsVegan/Plant based Recipes
Vegetarian Egg Salad
This plant based take on traditional egg salad takes 1/4 of the time to make AND is a healthier option with no cholesterol. Oh, and it also has a ZING of flavor!
Vegetarian Egg or Chicken Salad
- 1 ½ lbs. Tofu extra firm water pack
- ⅓ cup Green onions chopped
- ½ cup Celery chopped finely
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove minced
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Tbs. Nutritional Flake Yeast
- 1 ½ cups Soy Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Paprika sweet
- Crumble the tofu well.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Allow to chill. Flavor is even better the 2nd day!
- To make chicken salad, freeze the tofu at least 8 hours, allow to thaw and squeeze out as much water as possible, then follow instructions 1-3.
- For a Variation: Add ¼ c. finely chopped red bell pepper.
Courtesy of Vicki Griffin from her book, Guiltfree Gourmet.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.004g | Sodium: 5846mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg