This cool salad dish features green soybeans, also known as edamame. Harvested before they become dry they are full of high quality protein and are super tasty!
Summer Delight Salad
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups corn whole kernel, fresh or canned and drained
- 8 oz. (or 1 1/2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup edamame, shelled and cooked till tender
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped basil or cilantro
- 1 Tbs. cranberries, dried
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- Prepare the corn. If fresh, steam ears of corn for 10 minutes, allow to cool and cut kernels off the cob. If canned, drain the liquid.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk the dressing together in a small bowl and toss with the salad to combine well.
- Chill well before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 656IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg