This is a great one-dish meal with the high quality protein provided by the whole grain, quinoa, and beans. Cool for summer lunches and easy to pack and take along to work or a picnic.
Lucia’s Quinoa Salad
Servings 8 servings
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly for 2 minutes and strain through a very fine mesh strainer.
- Add to pot with boiling water or broth. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is soft and the liquid all absorbed. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all the other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least an hour for better flavor.
Serving Ideas – serve with carrot sticks and fresh fruit or a green salad to round out your meal.
Serving: 1 /8th | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 847IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg