Make a mouth-watering meal with Lucia’s Almond Rice Casserole! This delicious vegan casserole is a combination of garbanzo beans, whole grain bread crumbs, celery and various nuts for a hearty and flavorful dish. With its unique flavors, nutritious ingredients, and simple preparation, this casserole is sure to be a hit. Enjoy as a main course or serve as a side dish — either way it’ll be sure to please.
Lucia’s Almond Rice Casserole
- Process beans and water in a blender until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients, and mix well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Press into a sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- May also be baked in a bundt pan.
Freezes and slices well. For variation, slice and use as a sandwich filling.