Lucia’s Easy Peasy Layered Ice Cream Cake
- Champion Juicer
- 4 whole bananas frozen
- 2 cups mango frozen
- 2 cups pineapple frozen (or other light colored fruit)
- 2 cups blueberries frozen
- 2 cups mixed berries frozen
- ½ cup apple juice concentrate frozen
- Chill two medium mixing bowls.
- Put the following fruits through the Champion Juicer with the blank plate in place:
- Alternate 2 of the bananas and the mango and pineapple till they are all run through the champion into one of the mixing bowls. Place bowl in freezer.
- In the second bowl, run through the other 2 bananas and the berries,alternating.
- Divide the apple juice concentrate between the two bowls of fruit if it seems that it needs a little more sweetening. You can also put a few dates through the champion with the berries if they seem too tart (instead of the juice).
- Line a medium loaf pan with plastic wrap. Pour in the light mixture to fill pan about halfway. Carefully pour the dark mixture on top. If you want more of a swirl effect, carefully use a small spoon to fold some of the dark into the light part.
- Place filled loaf pan in freezer overnight to harden.
- When ready to serve, allow to sit out for about 10 minutes, turn the loaf out onto a flat surface, and slice with a sharp chef's knife into slices about ½-¾ inches thick. May top with blended fruit sauce. Apricots (fresh or dried + a bit of water) and dates are a good combination.