Try this delicious plant-based spin on traditional Italian cuisine. Soy curls have a similar texture to chicken which makes them a great substitute for those switching to a plant-based diet.
Basil Tomato Soy Curls
- ½ onion large,sliced thinly
- 2 Tbs. water
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup basil fresh chopped (or 3 Tbs. dry, but fresh is better!)
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 1-14 oz. can of diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes.
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Lucia’s Chicken style seasoning
- 1 tsp. Bragg’s Aminos
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste (after checking the mix)
- Rehydrate the soy curls in the 2 cups of water with chicken style.
- While they are soaking, Sauté the onion and garlic in the 2 Tbs. water, stirring constantly and adding a bit of water to keep it from sticking as needed.
- After the onion has softened, add the tomato paste and stir to mix well. Add the tomatoes and mix. Allow to simmer together for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the seasonings, except salt, and then the hydrated soy curls. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes to blend seasonings.
- Just before serving, taste it and add salt if needed.
- Serve hot over brown rice or baked potato or with a green salad.
Serving: 0.25the of recipe | Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 815mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 914IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg