Summer is hardly summer without an abundance of zucchini! I never get tired of zucchini fixed like this. I hope you enjoy it! You can replace the zucchini with any variety of summer squash you desire.
Zucchini with Tomatoes
Easy, simple, tasty way to use zucchini when it's coming out of your ears!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 med zucchini sliced
- 2 med tomatoes chopped
- 1 med onion thinly sliced into rings
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- Slice all your vegetables, keeping them separate.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add the onion slices, stirring frequently until they start to carmelize. Add a bit of water or other liquid to deglaze the pan and and repeat as needed till then start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes on top of the onions.
- Add the zucchini on top of the tomatoes.
- Cover and turn the heat down so that the veggies just simmer in the liquid they release. Add small amounts of water if needed to keep them from sticking.
- Simmer until the zucchini are tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
Serving: 1-4th | Sodium: 300mg | Calcium: 24mg | Vitamin C: 22mg | Vitamin A: 326IU | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 333mg | Calories: 30kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Iron: 1mg