Another great way to use up some of that summer lovin’ crop, zucchini. Combining the beans with the whole grain or legume-based pasta increases the fiber content and will blunt the blood sugar spike often seen with pasta. Leave me a comment below after you try it and let me know how you liked this recipe!
Garbanzo Zucchini Pasta
- 1 ½ lbs. Brown rice pasta cooked (or other legume pasta)
- 2 cups Zucchini sliced
- 3 cups Garbanzo beans cooked
- 4 cups Tomato sauce
- 6 cups Tomatoes canned, diced
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil optional
- 1 ½ Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Lucia’s Seasoned Vegetable salt or regular salt to taste
- Crush all the garlic.
- Simmer the garlic in a little bit of water for a few minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients (except pasta).
- Simmer slowly for about 1 hour.
- Serve over the pasta.
- Garnish with nutritional yeast flakes.
May replace the zucchini with spinach.
May use as a topper for brown rice or a baked potato instead of pasta.