These fluffy whole grain pancakes are quick and easy. If you mix the dry ingredients and store multiple batches in ziplock bags you can grab one, add liquids and be eating pancakes just as quickly as if you had a box of pancake mix on hand! But they are so tasty with nut butter and fruit or applesauce, or, if you prefer, vegan margarine and real Michigan maple syrup!
Lucia's Cornmeal Pancakes
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. (May store single batches in ziplock bags for future use).
- Add liquid ingredients and stir quickly to combine and moisten all dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Add more milk if necessary to thin batter so it is just pourable (your combination of flours will dictate exact amount of liquid needed)
- Bake on a hot griddle which has been lightly oiled. Griddle temperature is correct when a drop of water skitters around a few seconds before evaporating.
- Top with nut butter, fresh fruit, applesauce, or a drizzle of pure maple syrup.