DessertsVegan/Plant based Recipes
If you are looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, look no further! This gluten free, sugar free AND vegan Carob Mousse will have your mouth watering. Carob powder is a great substitute for chocolate with additional health benefits. It is loaded with fiber, antioxidants and has no caffeine. I am not telling you to eat this everyday, but this sweet treat will surely knock any sugar cravings you might have.
- 1 lb. Silken tofu soft cut in chunks
- ¼ cup honey or date sugar
- 3 Tbs. carob powder toasted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Orange peel Grated (fresh or dried)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour into serving dishes and chill.
Serving: 0.33cup | Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 0.01mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg